Summer School for foreign students
Sapienza University of Rome
Next edition: July, 2014
Italian Language and Culture Summer Courses in Rome for foreign students
Italian studies are becoming widely popular in many countries throughout the world. Recent research has revealed the changing profile of those who are interested in studying the Italian language and culture, as well as the extremely varied reasons they have for doing so.
Since 2005, Rome University La Sapienza offers Summer Courses in Italian Language and Culture to foreign students.
Photos in Rome
All courses will be held by:
- qualified teachers of Italian as a foreign language;
- well established professors from the University’s Arts and Humanities departments.
The project, constructed around the extraordinary cultural heritage of the city of Rome and its surrounding territory, is conceived to bring a range of activities into interaction:
- lectures held by faculty staff from La Sapienza;
- guided tours to the main artistic sites and monuments of Rome and its surroundings;
- active student participation
- artists’ performances (professional actors, directors, singers, singers of Opera, painters)
The objective of the courses of Summer School Sapienza is to:
- familiarize participants with both contemporary and ancient Italian culture;
- focus on the role the city of Rome played in the development of European contemporary culture.
Photo Sapienza University of Rome